Cater to your entire demographics
As the world becomes increasingly digital, it’s no surprise that more and more people are turning to online booking systems for their everyday needs. Whether it’s scheduling an appointment with a doctor, booking a haircut at a salon, or reserving a time for picking up a driver’s license from the local government, online booking has become the norm for many customers.
In fact, data from FrontDesk clients shows that approximately 80% of customers book online rather than calling or walking into e.g. City Hall. The good thing is, this will leave staff resources available for the 20% who do not or cannot book online.
We know that the 20% will take most of staff members time. Hence, staff should have said time to cater to their needs.
So, why do customers prefer to book online? There are a few key reasons:
1. Convenience: Online booking is available 24/7, which means customers can schedule appointments or make reservations at any time, even outside of business hours. This is especially important for busy individuals who may not have time to call during the day.
2. Control: With online booking, customers have more control over their booking experience. They can choose the time and date that works best for them, select their preferred service provider or table, and even pay in advance if necessary.
3. Efficiency: Online booking is often faster and more efficient than calling or walking into a business. Customers can quickly check availability, make a reservation, and receive a confirmation all within a few minutes.
4. Transparency: Online booking often provide customers with detailed information about the services or products being offered. With FrontDesk’s screening tool, you can also ensure that customers book for the right service at the right location. This transparency can help customers make more informed decisions and feel more confident in their choices.
5. Privacy and sensitivity: In some cases, your customers might need to book for a service that is sensitive – such as blood work, social services or other similar services. If the only way to book is over the phone, the customer might find this as a barrier. If services are available for online booking, the customer can book on their own terms without concerns of others overhearing a conversation.
By offering online booking, organizations can not only meet the needs of their customers but also free up resources for the 20% of customers who still prefer to book by calling or speaking to staff members in person. By automating the booking process, staff members can spend more time focused on providing high-quality service to customers who prefer to interact with them directly.
Remember all channels
It is no secret that online booking from FrontDesk can help organizations streamline their operations, reduce no-shows, and increase revenue. By providing customers with the ability to book and pay in advance for a service, businesses can reduce the risk of last-minute cancellations and ensure that their staff members are properly utilized.
However, it is always important to highlight other ways to book a time or get in touch with your organization. This can easily be done by showing phone numbers and other relevant information on your website, branding etc. This way, we ensure that no one falls through the cracks.
Book a phone call
No matter how smart you thing your booking process is, there will be questions. Many FrontDesk clients are now offering the option to “Book a Call” with a staff member. By using FrontDesk to do this, you ensure that the right staff will call you back. During the booking process, you can gather specific information about the call, which reduces the need for the customer to repeat herself.
Overall, online booking has become a key part of the customer experience for many organizations. Reach out to FrontDesk to get started today.
Book a FrontDesk demo
- 80% of customers prefer online booking for convenience and control.
- Online booking streamlines operations and frees up staff resources.
- Offering online booking as an option can benefit even sensitive services.